Women’s International Motorcycle Association GB
In 1950, biker Louise Scherbyn from the USA founded the Women’s International Motorcycle Association, after spending most of her life riding thousands of miles over the dirt tracks of America on her 1940 Indian Scout.
It didn’t take long for WIMA to reach Europe with new divisions setting up in England and Germany initially. Now WIMA is represented in 21 countries across the world from Australia to Japan and many more.
The first Women’s International Motorcycle Association Rally took place in the Netherlands in 1958 and has continued ever since. Other activities organised by the group include:
- Regional meets and events in the UK
- Annual rally in the UK
- Annual rally in a different European country
- Intercontinental rallies in Asia/ Australiasia
- Network of contacts for when you travel
- Regular updates/events via newsletter and website
Membership to WIMA costs just £15 a year, and there are tonnes of benefits include:
- Welcome pack of badges, pins and stickers
- Participation in all events
- 11 newsletters a year
- Membership of the BMF
- Discounts across a wide range of products and services
- Contacts across UK and Worldwide
- Finally, belonging to a growing community of active kick-ass women!
Club meet information
Register as a UK member now and find out about the latest events. Alternatively, if you’re not sure about becoming a member just yet you can visit their Facebook group.
You can find more information about monthly meetings in your local area too!