Whether you’re a motorhome dealer, caravan trade, caravan repairer or even a mobile mechanic, Devitt Business offers a comprehensive, tailored policy to suit you.
Being the UK’s leading caravan claims handler, we know a thing or two about caravan and motorhomes so rest assured, you’ll be in safe hands when we arrange your motor trade insurance for your caravan and motorhome business.
What type of insurance do I need as Caravan and Motorhome Dealer?
It really depends on your own circumstances, if you’re simply a mobile caravan repairer or mechanic, you’ll need some liability cover in case you accidentally injure someone or damages someone’s property.
You might want some tools cover or legal expenses; your vehicles also need to be insured and you must have employers’ liability insurance (if you have any employees).
Here at Devitt Business, our basic public liability policy starts from as little as £168 including insurance premium tax if you’re an AWS (Approved Workshop Scheme) member.
Don’t forget, we also offer a range of additional products you might be interested in.
If, on the other hand, you have premises and operate a repair workshop or have a stock of caravans or motorhomes for sale, you’ll need something a little more comprehensive.
Our caravan / motorhome dealer policies offer a wide range of cover such as; stock , accessories, public liability, service indemnity, loss of profits, fixtures/fittings and contents.
We can also provide Road Risks cover – cover to drive vehicles on the public highway for motor trade purposes, you can include social, domestic and pleasure cover for your own vehicles too. You’ll need tell us about the people you want to drive and the types of vehicles you’ll need to use.
What is the Approved Workshop Scheme (AWS)?
The scheme consists of two elements: there is the Fixed Workshop for those that have premises and buy and sell Caravans /Motorhomes. You may also require additional cover such as for an accessories shop etc.
There is also the Mobile repairer, where the likelihood is that you make repairs on the go and have a repair van.
Hence benefits the scheme provides will differ from Fixed Workshops to Mobile Repairers.
What are the Fixed Workshop insurance benefits?
- The policy is issued on a full theft basis NOT just forcible and violent entry.
- In the event of a total loss claim cars and vans owned or used in connection with the business will be treated as retail NOT just trade.
- This policy includes theft of motor vehicles by fraud, trick and false pretence with a limit of £50,000
- Goods in Transit is automatically included up to the sums insured under the material damage section
- 30% seasonal increase for vehicle stock during February / March and August/September
- £250,000 exhibition cover for vehicle at indoor shows and £50,000 for outdoor shows
- £5000 for contents of customers vehicles/caravans
- Business Interruption includes suppliers extension
- Business interruption will automatically be for 24 months at no extra cost.
- Simple administration process for demonstration/loan vehicles
- Protected No Claim Bonus. This benefit will mean that two fault claims in any three year period will not impact on your no claim discount.
- Legal Expenses is included free of charge
What are the Mobile Service / Repair insurance benefits?
- Free UK All Risks Cover for £5k of stock/tools/plant
- Free protected NCD to those who can prove 4 years claim free
- Free Legal Expenses
The Fixed workshop will have cover for most risks built into a combined contract of insurance, however the mobile service /repairer may fall between cracks with some of their insurance requirements. If you’re a mobile caravan / motorhome repairer have you considered the following:
- Does your public liability insurance cover defective workmanship?
- Do you ever tow a customer’s caravan, if so, is it insured whilst on tow?
- Are your tools covered whilst in the van?
- Will your insurance assist in the event of a VAT dispute or Inland Revenue Investigation?
Call our Motor Trade Team today
0345 504 0353
Very good to deal with told them what…
Updating my bank details to renew the…