Having contents insurance is incredibly important. If you only had buildings insurance and were the victim of a theft, you’d be unable to claim for any items stolen from the property – having both buildings and contents makes sure that you’re fully covered against every eventuality.
If you’re living in rented accommodation, it’s your responsibility to make sure that the contents of your home are fully insured, although it is up to your landlord to insure the building itself.
What do Devitt Home Content Insurance plans include?
We like to think that our home content insurance plans are some of the most comprehensive plans on the market. Simply tell us the value of the cover you’d like – the current total value of all of the goods in your property, including any items that are of a higher risk, like laptops, smartphones or audio systems, and we’ll give you a quote. Our insurance includes the following:
- Cover for much more than you’d think, including frozen foods should your electricity fail, items in your garden like statues or flowers plus any shopping in your car whilst in transit
- Cover for fraudulent credit card misuse of up to £1,000, paying out quickly should your bank take too long to process the claim
- Cover for accidental damage to some items within the property, including your television, audio equipment and electrical equipment like computers or laptops
- There’s also cover for any cash that you have in the property of up to £750 – although proof that you had the cash in your house will usually be required for you to make this claim
- Cover for metered water sources
- Cover for alternative accommodation should you have to stay somewhere else for the night
- Cover for important documents, such as deeds for the home and any personal documents
How can I get a Home Content Insurance quote?
You can get a quote in one of two ways: either give us a call on our Quote Line on 0345 872 3614, telling us that you’d like to get a contents insurance quote.
We’ll take some information from you, including the location of your house, the security at the property (things like the type of lock you have, the type of front door and whether you have an alarm), how many rooms are in the property and whether you live close to a flood-risk area.
Or, fill out our quote form online. You can buy either contents only, buildings only or both at the same time if you’d prefer.
Learn more about our cover by calling our Quote Line, or feel free to send us an email!
Call our Home Insurance team today
0345 872 3614
I used the phone to finnish it off and…