Home Insurance Cover

Get a home insurance quote from Devitt today. We’ve been arranging insurance in the UK since 1936, so you’re in expert and reliable hands.

Home insurance



  • Accidental Damage Cover as standard with extended cover available
  • Legal Liability up to £2,000,000
  • Door lock replacement up to £1000
  • And more. See the full list of cover.


  • Accidental damage cover as standard for TV, audio and electrical equipment
  • Credit Card misuse – up to £1000
  • Cover for garden contents, frozen food, money and more.
  • See the full list of cover
Call 0345 872 3614 for a quote

What can I expect to pay for my Home Insurance Cover?

Take a look at our example prices below to get an idea of what you could pay for your home insurance.

Home Buildings Contents Buildings & Contents

Detached house, BS27

Buildings:£192.00 Contents£58.00 Buildings & Contents£213.00

Semi detached house, PH2

Buildings:£157.00 Contents£62.00 Buildings & Contents£204.00

Detached bungalow, RH12

Buildings:£234.00 Contents£63.00 Buildings & Contents£235.00

Semi detached bungalow, IV30

Buildings:£157.00 Contents£69.00 Buildings & Contents£207.00

Flat, IP1

Buildings:£181.00 Contents£62.00 Buildings & Contents£195.00

You'll often find that buying Buildings and Contents insurance together is much better value.

Why insure with Devitt?

With over 75 years’ experience arranging insurance in the UK you can rest assured you’re in trustworthy hands.

We know home insurance

  • Discounts for additional security measures
  • Expert and friendly customer service – trusted by UK customers since 1936
  • Renewal reminder text directly to your phone

Call us free for a quote on 0345 872 3614

Home insurance: What you need to know

Insurance doesn’t need to be confusing; at Devitt we want to make everything as clear as possible. Insurance is a necessity rather than a luxury, so we’re here to make each of our customers understand the home insurance they’re buying and find them the best possible price.

Home insurance explained Insurance Glossary
Read our insurance guide

Find out more about Devitt

We’ve been arranging motor insurance in the UK since 1936, specialising in motorbike insurance to begin with but now we arrange home insurance, including managing schemes for some of the UK’s most well known brands including The Caravan Club and The Salvation Army.

It’s all about the customer experience with us and that’s why we have a UK based contact centre where all of our employees can handle all enquiries, helping to create a seamless experience for you.

Find out more about us

New to Devitt? Read what our customers say TrustPilot

Devitt Insurance is rated 8.9 / 10 based on 2072 reviews from TrustPilot

How can I save money on my home insurance?

  • Increase your voluntary excess – but you’ll pay more if you make a claim
  • Buy buildings insurance and contents insurance together
  • Install an approved alarm system
  • Fit good quality locks – five-lever mortice deadlocks meet high standards
  • Get the lighting right – use security lights and time-switch lights
  • Make sure you have smoke alarms and maintain them
  • Don’t claim for small amounts – it’s important to protect your No Claim Discount
  • Insure your house for the rebuild value, not the market value

Insurance blog

28th January 2014

The History of Devitt »

Thomas Henry Devitt, a junior clerk for shipping firm Buckle, Baxter & Co., near Fenchurch station, was 36 years old and earned £120.00 a year.

28th January 2014

How To Save Money on Your Home Insurance »

When people come to arrange their home insurance, they often forget that what you’re basically dealing with is two key components within the policy.

Visit our blog

Home insurance cover – overview

Home insurance covers you for any number of incidents in the home, including accidental damage of goods (if you get a little bit heavy handed with the games console and end up accidentally chucking a controller at the TV, for example), fires, floods, thefts and much more.

The type of home insurance cover that you choose depends on whether you live in a rented home or private accommodation. It’s not illegal for you to not have home insurance, although if you’re a tenant, it may be a requirement of your contract that you take out contents insurance.

If you’re in a private home, you’ll usually want to take out both buildings and contents insurance. The difference between the two is that buildings insurance covers the building only – damage to the walls and floors, for example. Contents covers everything inside the house, for example, your television, radio and carpet, plus things like goods in your garden, any cash that you have in the property and depending on the level of cover that you choose, things like fraudulent credit card activity.

How do I get a quote?

Getting a quote is simple. Tell us which level of home insurance cover that you’re after – whether you want to buy buildings, cover or both, as well as a few details like where you live (obviously!), whether you’re in a flood-risk area, the security at the property (the type of lock on any exterior doors or entry points), the type of doors (UPVC doors or wooden doors, for example) and whether you have an alarm or a security monitoring system.

You can either do this by giving our Quote Line a ring on 0345 872 3614 to speak to one of our friendly advisors, or by filling out the quote form online. We work with some of the UK’s leading insurers and our aim is to always find you the very best quote for you.

Why choose Devitt?

We’ve been arranging insurance cover since 1936 and now cover everything from your home to your business. We’ve learnt over the years that our customers really appreciate transparency, which is why we tell you everything you need to know about your insurance cover.

Our advisors are all knowledgeable and friendly and can give you advice on which kind of cover you need, plus, should you ever need to make a claim, we’re at the other end of the phone 24/7 – just call our Claims Line on 0345 872 3611.