Rated ExcellentStarStarStarStar23,767 reviews on

Motor Trade Insurance

We've been arranging Motor Trade Insurance in the UK for over 40 years. Get in touch with us today to build a motor trade policy for your business.

Call our Motor Trade team today0345 504 0353

Get in touch for a Motor Trade Insurance quote or any questions...

Why choose Devitt Motor Trade Insurance?

  • Bespoke Motor Trade Insurance designed for your business
  • Your own Insurance Account Exec for expert advice and help
  • Competitive quotes from leading UK insurers
  • Reputable and trusted broker with 40 years' motor trade experience
  • A personal service without long wait times on the phone
  • Cover for all types of Motor Trade including car, bike, van, caravan and motorhome
Call for a no obligation motor trade quote or advice
0345 504 0353

Why insure with Devitt?

We search through our panel of UK insurers to find you the most suitable insurance for your dealership or training school at our best price.

With over 40 years providing motor trade insurance and training school insurance to the UK, we offer friendly and expert advice to our customers and like to build relationships built on trust.

If you simply want advice about your insurance please pick up the phone and speak to us, we’ll be happy to help. Call our business insurance team on 0345 504 0353.

Here’s an example of some the cover available when you purchase a Motor Trade policy:

  • Buildings (or tenant’s improvements): The building itself or internal improvements made to the building
  • Stock: Cover for accessories such as leathers, helmets & clothing and vehicles such as bikes, cars, vans or caravans.
  • Business interruption: Loss of gross profit or additional costs of working provided in the event of an insured peril, such as a flood or a fire.
  • Public liability:  This cover protects your business in the event you negligently injure someone or damage their property.
  • Employers Liability: This is legally required if you employ anyone, it protects your business if an employee is negligently injured or suffers an illness as a result of their work.
  • Sales or Service Indemnity: Similar to public liability but protects you should something go wrong with a vehicle you’ve sold or worked on that results in damage and you’re found to have been negligent.
  • Demonstration cover: Allows you to permit other customers drive or ride vehicles for the purposes of demonstrating.
  • Road risks: Allows drivers disclosed on the policy to legally drive vehicles on the road.

Join the Devitt Affiliate Scheme today and we’ll provide you with everything you need to start making money. You earn £50 commission for any sale that is made from your promotional activity.

Related Motor Trade Content

We’re trusted by motor traders

We work closely with these great brands

SBS logo

Frequently Asked Questions about Motor Trade Insurance

What motor traders need to know about insurance...

What type of Motor Trade Policy do I need?

Certain insurances are required by law, such as third party vehicle insurance and, if you have employees, employer’s liability insurance. Other insurance covers are recommended to protect you and your business and to ensure business continuity in the event of a claim, for example; your stock of vehicles or accessories, public liability, service indemnity, loss of profits, fixtures/fittings and contents.

When purchasing motor trade insurance, it’s important to know the cover is there not just for the small claims but for the large ones too so that you and your business can recover fully.

What does a Motor Trade Policy consist of?

Ordinarily, a motor trade policy consists of two sections, a Road Risks section and an Internals section.

Road Risks – Cover to drive vehicles on the public highway for motor trade purposes, you can include social, domestic and pleasure cover for your own vehicles too. You’ll tell us about the people you want to drive and the types of vehicles you’ll need to use.

Internals – Here’s where you’ll tell us about how much cover you require for your buildings, contents, stock, liabilities, business interruption, engineering inspection, machinery, tools and anything else you might need.

How do I know if I've got the right Motor Trade Insurance?

At Devitt, our commercial team have a vast amount of experience to help you through these processes and to ensure you have the right motor trade cover for your business so when you’re ready to get a quotation, simply complete our brief fact find and we’ll contact you at a convenient time.