Our legal expense cover for vans is a top-up product that you can buy in addition to your van insurance, which provides cover for things like uninsured losses and legal expenses following an accident that isn’t your fault. Costing just £32.99 a year in addition to your insurance policy, it’ll provide you with peace of mind that should you ever have to pay out for legal expenses or fork out for medical bills, you won’t be out of pocket.
What uninsured losses can I claim for using Legal Cover?
Uninsured losses that you can claim for with Legal Expenses cover for van insurance includes:
- Your policy excess
- Vehicle damage (on TPFT & TPO covers)
- Bodily injury or death
- Damage to your personal property
- Medical fees
- Hire of another vehicle
- Loss of earnings
- Towing, recovery and storage charges
What does legal expense cover for vans include?
The legal expenses product covers the following uninsured losses:
- Your policy excess – this is a great way to reduce the cost of your insurance, too. The more your voluntary excess, generally, the cheaper your insurance premium. Legal expenses covers your policy excess in the event that you have to make a claim on your insurance. If, by increasing your voluntary excess, you save more than £32.99, it’s definitely worth taking out legal expenses cover, as it’ll not only pay out for your policy excess, but provide cover for the uninsured losses mentioned in more detail below
- Damage to your vehicle if your insurance is not fully comprehensive (if your cover is third party only or third party fire and theft)
- Compensation for bodily injury or death
- Cover for damage to your personal property – for example if goods in your vehicle are damaged during an attempted theft
- Cover for medical fees that you could incur as a result of an accident, for example if you need emergency medical help or if you need to be seen by a private consultant
- Hire of an additional vehicle should you be unable to drive your vehicle, if it is written off or if it is being repaired so that you can still get around until your van is fixed or replaced
- Compensation for loss of earnings as a result of an accident, for example if you are unable to work for medical reasons, or if you are unable to get into work because you have no transport
- Cover for things like towing, storage and recovery of your van
How do I add Legal Cover to my Van Insurance policy?
Adding legal expense cover is simple. Give us a call on 0345 872 3614 and we’ll add it on to your existing policy, or you can buy it online. If you need to make a claim, call our friendly claims team 24/7 on 0345 872 3611.
We compare prices from leading UK insurers to find you our cheapest insurance.
24/7 Claim Line
We’re always here when you need us most. Claim service 24/7/365.
Docs sent immediately
We send your insurance documents straight away by email. Get everything you need in minutes.
No long wait times
We don’t leave you hanging around on the phone waiting for us to pick up.
Call for a Van Insurance quote today
0345 872 3614
Easy to use quick and efficient will…