With stunning good looks, powerful engines, bags of horsepower and a ride like no other, it’s little surprise that the German engineering of BMW is the bike of choice for many UK bikers. A massive range of bikes from sports to tourers to scooters, BMW Motorrad have a solution for most popular styles of motorcycle. Newer models of the G310 R and G310 GS give newer riders access to the amazing BMW Motorrad brand.
BMW Motorrad’s new R1800 is a game changer for the brand bringing a cool retro style cruiser to their offering too.
Whether you need comprehensive, Third Party or just Fire & Theft insurance for your beemer, we can help. You can take the basic cover you need or choose from our great selection of optional extras and grab yourself some discounts when you buy some of them together.
What are the different motorbike series offered by BMW Motorrad?
BMW Motorrad’s ‘series’ are defined by their engine using a preceding letter:
- C Series – Urban Mobility Vehicles (to the average biker… a scooter)
- F Series – Bikes with a Parallel Twin Engine – F 700GS, F 800GS and F 800R
- G Series – Single Cylinder Engines – G 650GS
- R Series – Twin Cylinder Engines – R 1200GS, R 1200RS, R 1200RT
- K Series – Four Cylinder Engines – K 1600 GT or GTL, K 13000 R Dynamic, K 1300S
- S Series – Inline Four Engines – S 1000RR, S 1000R
What do the letter in BMW Motorrad models stand for?
Good question, they’re German for starters and are as follows including translations:
- GS – Geländesport, German for Off Road Sport (Adventure)
- GT – Grand Tourisme, German for Touring
- R – originally stood for ‘Rad’ short for ‘Motorrad’ which is German for motorcycle
- RT – Reisetourer, German for Tourer
- RS – Rennsport, German for Race Sport
We compare prices from leading UK motorcycle insurers to find you our cheapest BMW Bike Insurance.
24/7 Claim Line
We’re always here when you need us most. Claim service 24/7/365.
Docs sent immediately
We send your insurance documents straight away by email. Get everything you need in minutes.
No long wait times
We don’t leave you hanging around on the phone waiting for us to pick up.
0345 872 3614
great service and super priceexcellent
I put the wrong date and got a full…