Claim FAQs

If you are unlucky enough to be involved in an accident or need to make a claim, here are some frequently asked insurance claims questions which may help you.

What should I do in the event of an incident?

If you are aware of any accident or loss by you or a third party, you must report the incident as soon as possible by calling our claim line for free on 0808 168 7039. It is important to note that all accidents, thefts, attempted thefts and malicious damage incidents should be reported, even if you aren’t going to make a claim.

What incidents do I need to report to the Police?

Theft, attempted theft, malicious damage/vandalism and any accident that has involved an injury must be reported to the police as soon as possible. Please note the crime reference number as you will be asked for it when contacting the motorcycle insurance claims helpline.

I have had an accident that wasn’t my fault – what should I do?

The first thing to do if you have had an accident that wasn’t your fault is to call our claim line for free on 0808 168 7039. If you have legal expenses cover, once it has been reported, a solicitor will be instructed to act upon your behalf. They will attempt to claim compensation from the negligent third party for any injuries sustained and any other uninsured losses.

What are uninsured losses?

An uninsured loss is any loss that is not covered by your insurance policy. These can vary depending on the level of your policy cover. Losses can include cost of repairing your vehicle (if third party cover), personal injury damages, medical fees, damage to personal belongings, vehicle hire charges and any out of pocket expenses.

Will my No Claim Discount (NCD) be affected?

If your insurer recovers the cost of the claim from the third party, your NCD will not be affected. If your insurer is unable to recover the cost of the claim from a third party your NCD may not be affected if you have purchased NCD protection – please refer to your insurance policy booklet and insurance policy schedule for further details.

I’ve made a claim, what’s the next step?

Once you have reported a claim, your insurer, solicitor and repairer will be instructed. If you need to track the progress, just contact the following:

  • Status of claim: Insurer
  • Repair: Insurer (applies to comprehensive and third party fire and theft cover when the motorcycle has been stolen or damaged by fire)
  • Personal injury: Solicitor dealing with claim
  • Loan vehicle: Vehicle hire company

Your claim will be passed directly to your insurer and all claims whether theft or accident related are dealt with quickly and efficiently. In cases of theft the insurer will try and recover what was stolen, which may result in the claim taking a little longer to settle.

If what was stolen is recovered but damaged as a result of the theft or attempted theft, the repair cost will be covered by your policy (unless you have third party only cover) although you will need to contribute any policy excess that may apply.