Whether you’re a small independent bookstore or a large tech store selling the latest gizmos and gadgets, you need shop insurance! Our shop insurance provides cover for everything from your stock to the premises in the event of a fire, flood, theft or simply accidental damage to the shop. For advice and if you want to learn more about what our insurance provides or if you need a bit of guidance regarding any other insurance products that you might need, you can give our Commercial Line a call on 0345 504 0371, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. You can also arrange for us to give you a call back.
What does the insurance cover include?
Our shop insurance is fully comprehensive and provides the following benefits:
- Buildings and contents cover, which insures the premises in the event of damage from an event like fire, flood or theft as well as the contents of the building, including all of the stock and the décor, such as carpets or the shop counter
- Cover for loss of money or license, for example in the event of a theft
- Public Liability insurance which covers you in the event that a member of the public has an accident or injury on your premises, or if any of their personal possessions are damaged
- Employer’s Liability insurance which covers you in the event that one of your staff members (one of your employees) has an accident or injury on your premises, if you fail to provide adequate care (for example if they have mental health issues) or if any of their personal possessions are damaged
- Cover for any goods that are in transit, for example if a vehicle is stolen, if goods are stolen from a vehicle whilst in transit to your store or if goods are damaged due to an accident or if any damage occurs despite the goods being packaged correctly
- Personal accident cover, which provides cover for things like unexpected medical expenses in the event of an accident or financial losses that you might experience due to being unable to work
- Legal expenses cover, which pays for your legal expenses should you need to make a claim or should someone make a claim against you
How do I get a quote for Shop Insurance?
To get a quote, call our Commercial Line or fill out our online quote form. We’ll need to know about the type of stock that you sell, how secure the premises are, where your shop is located, how many employees you have and how many vehicles the shop uses. We’ll then take that info and use it to generate a quote from some of the UK’s best insurers – rest assured that we’ll do our very best to find the best value quote that we can.
Call for a Shop Insurance quote today
0345 504 0353
Easy and fast
Always very helpful and straight forward