Best biker tunes of all time…
If there’s one playlist you just have to have it’s got to be a biker playlist and we’ve got it all here in the 80 Best Biker Tunes, from Classic Rock tunes to the soulful rhythm of Blues…enjoy!
80. Dude (Looks Like a Lady) – Aerosmith
We’re kicking things off with an absolute classic, this tune takes you on a rock journey!
79. Can’t You See – Marshall Tucker Band
Some may argue ‘Can’t You See’ is one of the best songs these guys have ever written. It’s certainly one of our favourites!
78. The Zephyr Song – Red Hot Chili Peppers
With its haunting melody and psychedelic feel we say it’s one of the best rock tunes to have been released this century.
77. Golden Brown – Stranglers
This one’s perfect for an Autumn afternoon ride…what a beautiful song.
76. Can’t you hear me knocking – The Rolling Stones
This one’s a foot tapper from the very start! It’s those opening rifts that do it for us.
75. Feel Alright – Steve Earle
The lyrics are genius in this one and that guitar…such a good song!
74. Sunny Afternoon – The Kinks
This lazy laid back tune will certainly get you in the mood for a Sunday afternoon ride!
73. Travellin’ band – Creedence Clearwater revival
You may recognise a cover of this amazing tune in Sons of Anarchy…if it’s good enough for them, it’s certainly good enough for us!
72. All right now – Free
An absolute classic! This song first grabbed everyone’s attention after Free’s performance at the Isle of Wight Festival in 1970.
71. Folsom Prison Blues – Johnny Cash
Now how cool is this one!? Classic Cash keeping it laid back, easy and folk.
70. Underdog – Kasabian
You know the tune as soon as it kicks starts…what an intro and what a band!
69. Stop breakin down blues – Robert Johnson
Johnson was way ahead of his time, singing the blues before most had caught on. This is a truly genuine and raw track!
68. Fire – Jimi Hendrix
Now this Live version has caused some controversy with the off beat and irregular drums from Mitch Mitchell…but we love it!
67. Got my mojo working – Muddy Waters
Muddy Waters just makes us want to get up and dance to this one!
66. Small Faces – Itchycoo Park
Flower Power at it’s very best and it certainly is beautiful!
65. Johnny B Goode – Chuck Berry
Come on…we expect you all to be on your feet dancing to this rock ‘n’ roll classic !
64. Town called malice – The Jam
Another great intro…this one’s for the mods out there.
63. Green Onions – Booker T and the MG’s
Just check out those moves…Groovy Baby!
62. Louie Louie – The Kingsmen
This was certainly a jukebox must back in the Swinging Sixties!
61. Cum on feel the Noize – slade
With incredible vocals from the one and only Noddy Holder how could we ignore this one?
60. 20th Century Boy – t.rex
Friends say it’s fine, friends say it’s good, everybody says it’s just like Robin Hood!!!
59. Dead ringer for love – meatloaf
True rock ‘n’ roll and no woman vocalist could have done it better than Cher!
58. The Weight – The Band
We think this Live version is just fantastic…such soulful voices!
57. I’m the king bee – Slim harpo
This one’s got everything you could ever want in a blues tune!
56. Crazy little thing called love – Queen
Still unbelievably great even after 30 years on!
55. Brown Sugar – Rolling Stones
This one takes us back…
54. Livin on a prayer – Bon Jovi
An absolute classic!
53. Sideboard song – Chas and Dave
And now for a Cockney classic…
52. Message to you Rudy – The Specials
Now, if you weren’t in the best of moods before you listened to this tune then you will be after it! It’s upbeat, fun and makes us want to dance!
51. Baggy Trousers – Madness
Another one that just makes us all want to dance, how could it not!?
50. Who are you – The Who
There’s no denying Keith Moon’s talent on the drums, what a great band and song!
49. La Villa Strangiato – Rush
Not a particularly mainstream band and that’s part of the reason we love them. Just listen to that guitar…rock ‘n’ roll!
48. King of the road – Roger Miller
Don’t tell us you haven’t had this song in your head while riding down that open road.
47. Midnight rider – the Allman brothers
It’s easy, laid back, polished but not too shiny and those vocals and that guitar are spot on!
46. Whatever happened to my rock n roll – Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
This one’s got a beat you just want to rock to…BRMC know what they’re doing and if you haven’t heard of them then we urge you to check them out!
45. Get it on – T Rex
Such a groovy tune…everyone sing along!
44. Screaming night hog – Steppenwolf
With a perfect mix of guitar, harmonica, keyboards, vocals, drums and bass this song is a killer!
43. Crosstown Traffic – Jimi Hendrix
A great one to rock out to and that guitar mid track just takes it to the next level!
42. That’s alright – Elvis Presley
We love the rockabilly sound to this young Elvis tune!
41. Heavy Metal – Sammy Hagar
This one brings the memories flooding back!
40. My generation – The Who
There’s nothing better than your generation and The Who really celebrate that…a defining musical moment!
39. Go with the Flow – Queens of the Stone Age
Great lyrics and an epic video that really suits the song!
38. Bad to the bone – George Thorogood and the destroyers
Another fantastic intro…possibly one of the greatest guitar riffs of all time!? Would you agree?
37. Radar Love – Golden Earring
A solid base line, great song and hilarious video in an era when videos weren’t so common!
36. Motorcycle Song – Arlo Guthrie
A true biker song, this one must bring back memories! Imagine sitting back with the rest of the hippies in the field listening to Guthrie singing about his motorcycle…nothing better!
35. Free Bird – Lynyrd Skynyrd
What a beautiful ballad and we love how it picks up around four minutes in…got us rockin’ out!
34. I Fought the Law – The Clash
Another great classic…Strummer singing his heart out!
33. Ride the Wind – Poison
An absolute head banger!
32. Fat Bottomed Girls – Queen
One of our favourite Queen tunes…it’s just so cool!
31. Motorcycle Emptiness – Manic Street Preachers
A song that just gives you goosebumps and one that you can belt out at the top of your voice…perfect!
30. Ride – Joe Satriani
Satriani knows what he’s doing with that guitar, plus he’s singing about riding! How could you not love this one!?
29. Bad Motor Scooter – Montrose
Another biker tune classic…true rock ‘n’ roll!
28. Hell bent for leather – Judas Priest
We could play this over and over again! Are you ‘hell bent for leather’?
27. Funky Moped – Jasper Carrott
26. Iron horse / Born to lose – Motorhead
We can just imagine ourselves riding off into the sunset to this one…’open highway’!
25. Wanted dead or alive – Bon Jovi
Bon Jovi, a rock legend on his steel horse!
24. Motorcycle Mama – Neil Young
This one’s just ultra cool!
23. Welcome to the Jungle – Guns N Roses
An absolute classic that just had to be added to this list…go to any biker event and you’re sure to hear it over and over again, but we don’t care because it’s a rockin’ tune!
22. Magic Carpet Ride – Steppenwolf
An absolute 60’s classic, we love this live version!
21. Silver Machine – Hawkwind
Everything about this space rock tune is just brilliant! Do you have a silver machine?
20. Freewheel burning – Judas Priest
This just screams 80’s…the video games, lasers, leathers and head banging metal!
19. Be my baby – the Ronettes
Such a beautiful song and possibly one of the greatest girl groups of the 60’s.
18. Paranoid – Black Sabbath
Ozzy just had to make it to the list! Listen to the lyrics…Black Sabbath could rock!
17. Born to Run – Bruce Springsteen
It’s all about the voice, the performance and that crowed! It’ll give you goosebumps.
16. War – Low Rider
This song has a great groove to it, you can’t help but love it!
15. Gasoline – Audioslave
Great vocals and just watch how Wilk smashes those drums…rockin’!
14. Ace of Spades – Motorhead
A true head banger, Lemmy knew how to rock!
13. Black Betty – Ram Jam
You know this one’s going to be in your head for the rest of the day. And they’re some serious skills on the guitar!
12. Live to ride, ride to live – Twisted Sister
A true biker song! You really do have to ride to live to ride.
11. Motorcycle Man – Saxon
Real heavy metal at it’s best! Is this one of Saxon’s best songs?
10. Ezy Rider – Jimi Hendrix
That’s it, we’re off for a ride after this one!
9. I am the cool – Screamin’ Jay Hawkins
Don’t mess with Screamin’ Jay…he’s just too cool!
8. Ride like the Wind – Christopher Cross
A great groove at an easy tempo…ride like the wind!
7. 1952 Vincent Black Lightning – Richard Thompson
Such a nostalgic ballad, it just takes us back and RT is one of the greatest story tellers! Aren’t motorcycle songs just great!
6. Back in Black – AC/DC
You hear that very first note and you can’t help but rock out!
5. Ballad of Easy Rider – Roger McGuinn
We’ve reached our top 5! This one sure is an ‘easy rider’.
4. Highway to Hell – AC/DC
Highway to Hell had to make it into our top 5! Ever had this one in your head while riding the open road? We sure have!
3. Leader of the pack – Shangri Las
It was an instant hit when it was released back in 64 and rightly so! Who’s the leader of your pack?
2. Bat Out of Hell – Meat Loaf
Can we say, you’re not a true biker if you don’t know how to rock out to Bat out of Hell?…Well we just have!
1. Born To Be Wild – Steppenwolf
It’s the one you’ve been waiting for, it just had to be Born to Be Wild! An iconic song from an iconic film, we hope you enjoy it!
There you have it, we’ve come to the end of our 80 ultimate Biker Tunes, we hope you’ve enjoyed listening!